Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

I woke up this morning to my youngest child, once again covered in blood and thought not again.  Last week we were in the hospital all day getting  blood transfusion.  The week before we were there for a factor infusion.  He hasn't bleed anymore yet today, thank you Lord. 

So I turned on the tv to watch the 9/11 coverage.  Typically I am a very emotional person.  I get weepy at Hallmark commercials...you get the idea.  So I've been a wreck all day.  I was crying, watching the coverage, remembering that day.  My youngest daughter Taryn asked why I was crying.  So I told her and cried some more.

I didn't personally know anyone who died that day, but as an American, all those feelings of grief, sadness, terror all came back.  I remember where I was that day.  At work, at St,. Norbert College, at the front desk of the Kress Inn.  We  had a tv in the lobby that was always on the news.  So when they first said a plane hit the World Trade Center, I went back and told my boss.  Then the covereage continued and I saw the second plane hit.  People were all over the lobby watching the news.  I remember the fear, the unknown. 

I remember driving past the airport that day, seeing all the jets that had landed there, that didn't belong.  Long lines at the gas station, and remember hugging my baby boy, who was just turning one a few days later.  Now he's almost 11.

Today is a typical Sunday, another year of CCD begins, we hit the bakery afterwards, went to my work to do my weekly cleaning that I do.  And it's football Sunday!  My Vikes are on tv here in Packerland, woo hoo. 

We will never forget 9/11.  I pray for the families that lost loved ones and pray for our country.  God Bless America, land that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment