Monday, May 9, 2011

Visit to the HOC

Crosby had a 6 month check up today at his clinic.  We love it there.  They are so nice and so good to us.  We saw one of his nurses, his hemotologist, the nutritionist, the finance people, and the social worker, whew!  Crosby's iron count has been low so we've been giving him iron supplements and now are awaiting more test results.  Hopefully they have gone up.  The bloody nose episodes really did a number on his counts.  More to come.  Other than that, all is A-OK.

I had to ask one more time if there was a possibility if he could play hockey.  And he could, but it could kill him if he got injured.  So, no, not worth it.  I know that.  I've always known that, it just sucks.   Just telling him will be hard, because he keeps asking to play.  Ugh.

Crosby does start soccer this week...kinda makes me nervous, but I know he's excited and I am excited for him.  After his whole life of watching his siblings do all their stuff, it's finally his turn.  My baby is growing up.

Even as I hear them all arguing in the living room, and thank goodness it's almost bedtime, I am reminded that I am so lucky to be their mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment