Sunday, April 24, 2011

The First Post...

A while back a friend suggested that I should blog.  Blog about my life with a child with hemophilia.   I had never thought about it before.  My besties know my story.  That story will come out here in time.  I experienced an incident this weekend, and because of it, I kicked my butt into gear to start this blog.

I surprised my kiddos with a trip to Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan, WI, for the weekend.  We arrived at the hotel, checked it out, had dinner, and got our swimsuits on to head to the indoor water park.  On our way down the hall, I hear, "Mommy, my nose is bleeding."  I turn around and Crosby, my youngest son, who has hemophilia, has a bloody nose, a gusher.  Damn.  Damn, damn, damn.  I tell Brenden to go to the park and grab a towel.  Meanwhile, we sit on the floor in the hallway.  I pinch his nose, I have blood all over my hand.  A hotel employee asked if we needed anything.  No, we just have a bloody nose, a towel is coming.  Brenden comes back, I get the towel over his nose and we head to the park. 


Once inside, Crosby and I find a chair and sit down, while the other three take off to the wonders of the slides and lazy river.  And I wanted to cry.  My first thought was crap, we're going to have to go to the ER.  Luckily, I had a box of factor in the car, from when he had to get treatment for the bloody nose earlier in the week.  Crosby wouldn't be able to play in the park.  Our weekend would be ruined...the thoughts just kept a coming.  And for the first time, I let his condition take over my emotions.  I have accepted that he won't play hockey, but to have a damn bloody nose not allow him be a little boy and play in the waterpark...I just hugged him and kept saying I'm sorry. 

It stopped.  Finally.  Thank you, Lord.   We had a wonderful weekend at the resort.  No more bleeding.  The Easter Bunny found our room and everything! 

And here I am, I want to write about my story.  Welcome to my normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment